Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Who's on Second

Who’s on second? No Who’s on first What’s on second! I know that but Who wants to play second base now too. Who and What both want to play second? That’s what I said. I don’t know…I Don’t Know is still on third, but the left fielder Someone wants to play second base and has said that if he can’t play second base he wants to be traded. So let me get this straight Who…What…and Someone all want to play second base? That’s what I said. With all these people on second I don’t think there will be room for any base runners. Now what I can’t understand is why all of the sudden these other people want to try and unseat an all-star caliber player on second base instead of playing the position they have been signed to play.

What does the owner have to say about all of this? Well there is no owner yet. We have three guys that want to play second base but we can’t find one person who wants to own the team. Well, who wants to own a team in a small market with no stadium. Aaahh, but we have a stadium. Linda Cropp and the other trained seals on the DC council tried their hardest to chase the team out of DC but in the end, Major League Baseball caved to their ineptness and gave them everything they wanted on the stadium deal. Now they have to come up with someone to buy the team. I’m sure it will take several years for them to get that to happen. Considering it took 40 years to get a team back here after it was stolen the first time I think 5 years to get some ownership is not too long to wait. If they don’t get some ownership here by next season and make some big acquisitions in the offseason do you think that the people in DC are still going to support this team? With the ineptness of DC I expect they will finally get the stadium built only to have it sit empty while the new Las Vegas Casino Royales play their home opener in a state of the art stadium in the desert.

Well this is DC after all and I guess I shouldn't expect anything less than a mountain of redtape, crazy accusations, lies, deceit, and contract breaking. Who needs reality TV!

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Ann said...

and didn't someone patent the Nat's logo or name or some such thing?

hey, i'm just happy to have Ichiro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home