Thursday, March 16, 2006

So Little Bandwith, So Much Time

Got yer brackets Filled Out?!?!?!

I feel a really productive day at work coming on today. There will be number crunching, paper shuffling, xeroxing, and as system administrator it falls on my shoulders to make sure the bandwith isn't clogged with alot of useless traffic from our clients so that we can all enjoy the streaming video of the games.

I mean seriously how can an employer really expect to get any work out of us during March Madness? It should be declared a Federal Holiday. There is a marked decrease in productivity across the country for the next 19 days as employees find ways to watch their favorite teams compete in the NCAA tournament. Yes there are a thousand articles on all my network sites devoted to shutting down the streams or blocking sites for your employers. Look, if they don't come to me then this is one idea I certainly will not bring to them. I would be found hanging by my Ipods in the server room. No thank you! I think I will just join in the fun and send e-mails to the boss telling him, "I'm working on the bandwith issue, but the problem seems to be on the provider side."

Now since the Twerps did not make it in this year but Southern Illinois (go Selukies) did, I think I will root for the Hoyas and any team that plays Duke! I thought about maybe George Washington ( you gotta love a team with and guy named Nana Papa Yaw Mensah-Bonsu or "Pops")but I don't have them advancing to the sweet 16 so... Unfortunately, I have Duke making it to the final in about 35 of my brackets. No matter how hard I try it is hard not to pick them going deep. Now, Not that I have money riding on this as that would be illegal! This is merely for recreational use mind you. It is hard to give up valuable points just because you hate a team with a passion.

I guess it really doesn't matter, I just got an e-mail from above saying that I was to shutdown the CBS online sites Until 4 pm. Hey, isn't that when Syracuse's game....Oooohhh...Go Orangemen!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home