Tuesday, January 03, 2006

How To Blog

I know many of you have asked me how to blog so I thought I would write a short How To to help get you up and running.

First of all, this blog is private so you need not worry about who can see what is posted here. As a general rule it is still a good idea not to include any personal information just in case, but please feel free to share stories ideas and what not.

Now, I will post articles here as often as I can with pictures from family events and other stuff. You can leave comments by clicking on the comments button at the end of each "article". Here is the part most of you seem to be missing. You should go back to the comments section often because everyone else can see your comments and add their own to the comment section. Therefore you can actually communicate with the others by commenting on their comments. In essence you create a running dialogue on the blog. So please leave comments and check back to see if anyone added something to your comments.

When leaving comments you will most often check the anonymous button. When you do it you will know what I'm talking about. This means you will need to sign your name so we know who the post is from.

Another point is that all of the information on the blog comes from me. That means anything that I add in the side bar is from me and you should feel free to check them out without worrying about it leading to spam. I put links to other websites, cartoons, and various other stuff over in the sidebar for your amusement, so check it out and let me know what you think.

Finally, feel free to send me pictures to put on the blog or articles, links etc. that you think others might enjoy so I can add them as well.

Happy Blogging,
John

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Flashy said...

Theresa, You can't post pictures yourself, but you can e-mail them to me with any descriptions you want to add and I can post them.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, you are a brave man! You opened this up to the Rinehart family and opened the door for us to make comments and send photos?! No shortage of comments to be offered by members of THIS family - and no compulsion for honesty, accuracy or common sense to hold us back.
This should be fun to watch!
Joan (formerly Rinehart) in Portland

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Flashy said...

Welcome Joan and fire away. :)

And please keep us up to date on what's going on in your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home